Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Short List 1

Next week we have to write an article analyzing something on the internet. Vague, huh? Well, here are a few topic options I've been thinking about:


1) The Hunger Games Trailer. We are faced with the age old question- will the movie be as good as the book? I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, which I blogged about a few weeks ago, so I have high hopes for the movie coming out in March. The trailer provides a sneak peek at what the movie will be like. From how the actors portray the characters, to how the sets do justice to the post-apocalyptic setting, there's plenty to analyze here.


2) A post on  theburninghouse.com. On this site, people take pictures of all the things they would take with them if they were escaping a burning house. While most people photograph material possessions like their ipad or their laptop, one particular post caught my eye, where all that's photographed is a woman with a teddy bear. Normally we would envision a child connected with a teddy bear, but the sight of a forty year old woman clinging to a stuffed animal like a scared child made me think long and hard.


3) The Spongebob Squarepants theme song. It sounds like complete nonsense, but there's something about this show that's kept it on for so many years. Although the show is aired on Nickolodeon and is geared toward children, why does my fifty year old aunt watch it? Is there something about the show that actually appeals to older audiences as well? I came home from school the other day to catch my father taking a nap in the living room, serenaded by none other than the nasal, high pitched sound of Spongebob singing a song about feeding his pet snail. Just what is it about this show that's kept in on the air for so long?

1 comment:

  1. The analysis of spongebob speaks to me as a person who enjoyed spongebob in my childhood and into current day i appreciate this greatly

    ReplyDelete