Monday, February 20, 2012

Short List

Here's my problem: every time I go on the internet to create my short list, I use stumbleupon.com to find unexpected treasures of the internet. Its just too addicting! I end up spending so much time on such a simple assignment! Here's what I came up with though:



Seal Pup
1) I found this picture of an albino seal pup. Cute, right? Its mother didn't think so. Accompanied with this picture was a caption that said because of its unusual bright blue eyes, pink flippers, and light fur, its parents abandoned this helpless animal. Why? In our own way, does our society do this too?




2) Peter Kogler uses creative shapes and lines to create Mesmerising Spaces. Even though the walls aren't pysically transformed, the paint job makes them appear to bend and twist in amazing ways.

3) The Host cover. The cover art of The Host is fairly plain and simple. It merely depicts the close up image of a young woman's face. When it focuses on the eye though, it tells a different story. The plot of the novel centers on the main character's internal struggle against an alien that has taken over her body. As you look at the eye on the cover, you are left wondering who is looking back at you: Melanie or Wanderer?

No comments:

Post a Comment